Are you ready to vary your granola recipe? How about quinoa granola…healthy and just as easy to make. The texture is much finer than traditional granola because the quinoa flakes are small and delicate, and it definitely has a different flavor than granola made with oats.
inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow, It’s All Good
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup good quality pure maple syrup
- 3 cups quinoa flakes
- kosher salt
- 1.5 cups whole almonds
- 1 cups roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Combine the olive oil and maple syrup in a medium bowl, and whisk together to combine thoroughly.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa flakes, and nuts.
4. Add the olive oil and maple syrup mixture to the quinoa and nut mixture, and stir to combine.
5. Pour mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet, Bake for 50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until mixture is evenly brown.
6. Let the mixture cool, then toss with the dried fruit, and enjoy.