This white bean dip is really delicious, healthy, and also quick and easy to make. Enjoy it with any type of bread or crackers, but it is especially good with grilled bread, pita bread, or pita chips.
White Bean Dip
- 1 15.5 oz. can of cannellini beans
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper
- hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Drain cannellini beans and rinse in cold water.
- Place beans in a food processor. Process a few times to begin to break up the beans.
- Add the lemon juice, and a few TBsp of olive oil to the beans.
- Process beans until they are smooth. Add more olive oil if needed for consistency.
- Once the beans are smooth, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the rest of the olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and mix.
- Add herbs and mix to combine.
- Before serving, drizzle olive oil over the top, and add hot pepper flakes.
- Serve with grilled bread.